Thursday 16 January 2014

2014 Beauty Wishlist: Drugstore Dupes!

My last post showcased the beauty products I am lusting over for this year. Unfortunately for me, my student budget doesn't quite stretch to Chanel and Nars for my everyday make-up routine. So I've trawled the internet and my own make-up bag to create this list of dupes. They might not look quite as glamorous but they do the same job and for under half the price! I think I can live with that...




2014 beauty wishlist: Drugstore Dupes!


Bourjois sun care
£6.99 - superdrug.com


A firm favourite in my make-up collection, this Bourjois bronzer gives a tanned look to the face without being too orange. My only issue with this product is that it forms a coating. The top solidifies making it impossible to pick up product. This problem is quickly rectified by scraping off this layer, yes messy and a tad annoying, but at about a quarter of the price of NARS laguna, it will do! 


Stila palette eyeshadow
£25 - feelunique.com


Now this is a bit of a cheat product on my part. It is not a bargain dupe of the Naked palette, at £25 it is still quite expensive. I did however buy it whilst at uni so that means it can be bought on a student budget! I adore this palette and it is the best dupe of the Urban Decay palettes that I have seen. A great shade range is provided (although I have only hit pan on one of the shadows, kitten) all of them almost carbon copies of some Naked shades. You also get a waterproof smudge stick included and coming in at £12 cheaper than the Naked palette it's well worth considering.  


Rimmel foundation
£8.99 asos.com


Another firm favourite in my make-up collection I have been using this foundation since its launch and have repurchased it time and time again. This foundation gives a gorgeous naturally radiant glow to the skin. It is very buildable and does so without caking. It also wears incredibly well and can last on my face all day (just about) without powder. A great high street foundation.


Eyeshadow
£7.99 - superdrug.com


This is the real budget dupe of the Naked palette. Not quite as good as the Stila one but for only £7.99 you get 12 eye shadows ranging from pale nudes to black. There can be a fair bit of product fall out but for the price I can live with that.


L Oréal Paris lip gloss
£8.69 - superdrug.com


A lot of high street lip glosses have difficulty lasting on my lips. They seem to just disappear! These lip glosses claim to last up to 6 hours, I wouldn't say that they last quite that long but the wear time is still better than most. This particular shade is a good pink toned nude and comes in at a third of the price of the Bobbi Brown gloss.


Rimmel concealer
£6.19 asos.com


This is my all time favourite concealer! It applies like a dream and completely covers my dark circles. It comes with a doe foot applicator which applies the creamy concealer well. I find it works best when blended in with your finger, the natural heat helps it to 'melt' into the skin. This also works well for blemishes as it is both easy to blend and buildable. 


Sleek Shimmer Blush Rose Gold
£4.49 - superdrug.com


Can you tell the difference between the picture of this and NARS Orgasm? Because I can't! In the pan the two blushers are almost identical. Both are a shimmery peachy pink and pretty pigmented. NARS probably wears slightly longer but for £4.49 you can definitely afford to top up.


Sheer Loose Powder
£2.99 - collectioncosmetics.co.uk


This translucent powder comes in at about a quarter of the price of the Laura Mercier invisible powder. Definitely not as glamorous or as finely milled but for a cheap setting powder, it does the job. 


Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick Notting Hill Nude 720
£6.29 - superdrug.com


I love this lipstick! I first heard about it in this post by Lily Pebbles. It is a creamy, hydrating formula and is the most gorgeous pink toned nude shade.


17 Blemish BB Balm Improved Formula
£6.99 boots.com


I have been using this BB cream for a long time now and since its improved formula I love it even more! It claims to improve your skin within 4 weeks and it really, really does! You look great with it on, so you can look great with it off! I used to wear this everyday and on nights out instead of foundation but have recently branched out more into foundations. Now I use it when I can sense that my skin isn't at its best and it soon sorts itself out after using this every day. Using it instead of foundation doesn't feel like a compromise either, it provides great coverage and gives a lovely glowy finish.

These beauty products add up to the much more reasonable sum of £84.61 and compared to yesterdays total of £239 these beauty bits are an absolute bargain.  

2 comments:

  1. That is such a clever post. I've heard so many good things about sleek, I really need to try it x
    Heroine In Heels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You really should, their contour sets are amazing! I was the shoddiest contour-er ever until I got one xx

      Delete