Sunday 5 January 2014

Post Christmas Blow Out!

For most people, January is a month of detoxing their life. New Years resolutions begin in earnest, juice cleanses and gym memberships fly off the shelves and Sports Direct does a raging trade in trainers. In my house it never quite works out like that. As a family we get gifted a LOT of food for Christmas and if there is chocolate in front of me, I'm going to eat it.

January is also often a month of penury. Post Christmas bank accounts are not a pretty sight. I, however, seem to have taken on a one woman mission to kick-start the economy with my spending. I have greatly abused the sales (and the full priced sections to my dismay) on a serious spend-athon, Here are a few  of the things I've picked up!

My first buy was a necessary one! (It wasn't but I have actually worn it so that makes it ok in my book!). This gorgeous little red number from Mango served as my New Years Eve dress.


Check out my christmassy kitchen!

This next item was purchased on the same day as my new years dress but I have absolutely no clue where I am going to wear it! It was a definite case of lust over any kind of sense. One minute I was in the changing rooms and the next I was at the till.

Now these photos, no matter how many different things I tried, do not do this dress justice. For starters the dress is actually a dark navy, which it most certainly doesn't appear to be in the picture below.

I have never owned a long dress before, I tend to favour more fitted, short styles (as clearly seen in my New Years dress!) but this dress just really appealed to me. I think that might have something to do with its back. The back is incredible! 

I just love the criss cross cut-out (try saying that six times fast), it adds a bit of interest to what could be quite a plain dress. You can pick this up from H&M for a bargainous £25! 



You may also have noticed the pink shoes in those photos! Again, something I would never normally buy, but when they're reduced to £9 in the New Look sale, who am I to say no?

From one extreme to another I then picked up these bad boys!

These are the snuggliest, comfiest leggings I have ever put on. These are especially for my uni house as in this weather it is like living in a fridge. I can see myself living in these come coursework time!

I also completed my Real Techniques brush collection but my brushes are so dirty I shall spare you from an image of them! I really cannot rave about these brushes enough. For their price point they are such good quality and now I've started using them I could not live without them. 

Now my favourite item from my week of crazed shopping is actually an item I didn't pay for myself. This is courtesy of my lovely mummy. 
The White Company is one of our favourite shops. If I could afford it, ALL of my bedding, candles, smellies, pyjamas etc would be from there! Inside the White Company is also the Little White Company. They do the cutest baby things and also the softest, sweetest cuddly toys. I saw this little man in the Oxford White Company months ago and have wanted him since first cuddle. I may have also popped in about once a week for a little snuggle ever since.

Everyone, meet Boris! My very own bashful bunny! Now some people may say I'm too old for a toy bunny rabbit, but those people would be wrong. Even my dad loves Boris! I can't even describe how soft he is. If any of you sometimes feel like you need a hug and might not have a loved one to hand, get yourself one of these. He will more than make up for it, I promise.


No comments:

Post a Comment