Friday 31 January 2014

Oxford Adventures: Turl Street

On a miserable morning in Oxford there is nothing nicer than to head out for breakfast (unless you don't live in a grotty student house, then I recommend staying in. Much safer for your hair). 

One of our favourite spots for breakfast is the Turl Street Kitchen. Tucked on the corner of Turl Street and Ship Street, this deceptively large cafe/restaurant/bar is a delight. 
Not a bad route to get to it either!





We used to come all the time in first year as a little pre-uni pick me up. It makes lectures way more bearable! I went for my usual pot of earl grey and a croissant. Maddie had the super yummy granola and yoghurt, but it was devoured before I could get a picture! 



 
We sat at our favourite table. The big long one in the window. We both found ourself forgetting that windows work both ways and that people can actually see in at you gawping at them! Turl street is such a good people watching spot. 



I love the interior of this place. The ultimate in shabby chic, there is such a chilled atmosphere to the place. There are always so many students typing away on laptops and reading. Definitely a place I need to start bringing my work when my rooms four walls become too much to bare! 








After dragging out my pot of tea for as long as humanly possible we headed back out into the drizzle.







Oxford in the morning is the best. Its so quiet and you can go about your business relatively easily. If you venture out anytime after 12 you have got no chance. Everywhere gets outrageously busy and negotiating the tourists is an obstacle course. 

Maddie's new whip

After our wander we headed onto the main shopping street and hit up Lush where we were served by the sweetest guy ever! I gave him the blog address so if you're reading, hello! We think you're fabulous! All of the members of staff were sporting pink triangles on their faces. We asked what they were for and he told us all about their #SignOfLove campaign. The campaign is supporting LGBTQ rights in Russia. To find out more you can click this link. We got our own triangles and shared them on instagram using the hashtag SignOfLove. Draw your own triangle and get sharing! 
Maddie and I both picked up the Cupcake fresh face masks in preparation for a hungover pamper day tomorrow. We also picked up some of the tooth tabs which I am very intrigued by. I got the Sparkle ones and Maddie bought Atomic toothy tabs. I shall let you know how we get on! We also got a mini Charity Pot of hand and body lotion. They are just £1 and all of the money goes to charity! 


A miserable Friday morning well spent!


No comments:

Post a Comment