Wednesday 15 January 2014

2014 Beauty Wishlist

I am a huge fan of beauty blogs. My Bloglovin feed is full of them and the majority of my youtube subscriptions are beauty vloggers. I love a good tutorial, in my many hours of free time at uni I will sit and trawl through my favourite vloggers and attempt to copy their make-up looks (with varying degrees of success). This does however give me a serious case of the green eyed monster! No matter how big my make-up collection gets it will NEVER be as good as theirs. I have been slowly building up my collection of brushes and products to their standard but there are still so many products that I haven't quite managed to get my grubby mitts on.

So my new years resolution is to end the jealousy. I am going to stop impulse buying products just because they're cheap and compile a list of the things I really, truly need (or desperately want, as most cases appear to be!). Drawing inspiration from my some of my favourite beauty ladies (Lily PebblesTanya Burr and The Sunday Girl to name but a few) I have compiled a list of high end hero products! These are the dream team, the ones, that in an ideal world (one where my student loan doesn't disappear on rent and bills), would be going straight into my make up bag. 



2014 Beauty Wishlist



NARS Cosmetics shimmer blush
£18 narscosmetics.com


Who hasn't heard of NARS Orgasm? This cult classic blush gives a cheeky (no pun intended)  flush to the apples of the cheeks in a gorgeous shimmery peach shade. A must have.

Nars cosmetic
£22 narscosmetics.com


Another cult classic from NARS, the Laguna bronzer gives a golden glow to the face without appearing orange. A must have for any bronzer addict (guilty).


Chanel spf foundation
£32 - debenhams.com


The most youthful of the Chanel foundations, Vitalumiere Aqua is said to give a 'second skin' appearance with a light satin finish. In other words, no make-up make-up. 


Tom ford cosmetic
£36 - selfridges.com


The perfect nude shade AND it's Tom Ford. Need I say any more?


Lip shine
£26 - bobbibrown.co.uk 


I was given this gorgeous nude gloss as a gift last Christmas and it was love on first application. I may or may not have shed a tear when this ran out...


NARS Cosmetics creamy concealer
£25 - narscosmetics.com


Raved about by many a blogger, this concealer is said to give great coverage and a radiant finish. Perfect for hiding the dreaded dark circles.


Invisible Loose Setting Powder - Laura Mercier Women
£10 - uk.spacenk.com


A suits all skin tones powder said to give a soft-focus finish to the skin. Sounds like a dream.


Tinted Moisturiser - Laura Mercier Laura Mercier
£33 - uk.spacenk.com


Another blogger favourite, the Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser appears to be a bit of a wonder product. Said to give a natural finish and healthy glow to the face this is a product I am desperate to try. 


Unfortunately I don't live in the rent free, bill free world of my dreams. Student life doesn't exactly lend itself to spending £239 (the grand total of this collection) on an everyday make up look. So over the coming days look out for my drug store dupes edition of my 2014 beauty wishlist. I'm going to find the products that hopefully do the same as this but on a student budget!
What are your beauty wants for 2014? Let me know in the comments below! 

2 comments:

  1. Love this post!
    Sophie from sophie-ellie.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just wish I owned it all haha xx

      Delete